Change to Dog Care merit badge -- how were Scouts using those requirements elsewhere?

The recent change to the Dog Care merit badge says, "The activities used to fulfill the requirements for the Dog Care merit badge may not be used to help fulfill the requirements for other merit badges." How were people double-tapping those requirements? I checked out Mammal Study, but there's nothing in there that would seem to overlap. First Aid, perhaps? I don't see it.

The no double-dipping rule actually is an old requirement (included in the 2004 revision). The only change to Dog Care was the addition of the now ubiquitous career requirement: “10: Learn about three career opportunities for working with dogs. Pick one and find out about the education, training, and experience required for this career, and discuss this with your counselor. Tell why this profession interests you.â€

As far as overlap is concerned, Pet Care is the obvious one. The other one I thought of was Family Life requirement 3: “Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at least five) and do them for 90 days. Keep a record of how often you do each of them.†Taking care of their pet can be one of the selected duties / chores.

The no double-dipping rule actually is an old requirement (included in the 2004 revision). The only change to Dog Care was the addition of the now ubiquitous career requirement: “10: Learn about three career opportunities for working with dogs. Pick one and find out about the education, training, and experience required for this career, and discuss this with your counselor. Tell why this profession interests you.â€

As far as overlap is concerned, Pet Care is the obvious one. The other one I thought of was Family Life requirement 3: “Prepare a list of your regular home duties or chores (at least five) and do them for 90 days. Keep a record of how often you do each of them.†Taking care of their pet can be one of the selected duties / chores.