I'm trying to figure out if there is a belt loop for Hockey. The Virtual Cub Scout Leaders Handbook (my online bible for all things scoutish) has the new Ice Skating beltloop, which states in part "The Ice Skating belt loop and pin are for speed and figure skating on ice. See Roller Skating for information on roller blading and in-line skating requirements. See Hockey for information on hockey requirements.". But I can't find Hockey anywhere. Does it exist??

thanks in advance...

We had the same question in our pack.

We did not see one in the book so we inquired at the council. They told us that the BSA considers hockey to be a contact sport (like football is) and hence it is not an activity sanactioned by them. Hence there is no hockey belt loop and it is highly unlikely you will see one in the future.

BSA has lots of sports...er... I guess thats what they call them...most have limited boy on boy contact (less injury that they can be blamed for)

Flag has 'less contact' and supposedly less chance of injury (which can then be blamed on the adults for letting it 'get' out of hand)....see the method?

personally I vote for broad axes without shields!

Why 2Eagle of course a gentleman from the home state of Mr. Jefferson and Mr. Washington..and Madison, Monroe, Mason...would never have heard of Hockey...

its a rather uncouth uber-Yankee endeavor...I understand that in reality it started with two guys sliding around and fighting over an Ice fishing hole in some gawd forsaken canadian provence...gets its name from the fact that when pulled apart the two 'sportsmen' continued the fight by spitt'n at one another...

anarchist

(sippin in the yankee side of the Commonwealth)