More on new MB requirements

So I go to the local Scout shop to get the 2005 Requirements Book, which they don't have. But they don't have any new Citizenship in the Community pamphlets, and the guys says he doesn't know when they will be available. "The old book should be good enough," he says. But as I understand it, because the new Requirements Book is out, the scouts beginning this MB now must use the new requirements. This irks me, and is yet another reason why I think the system of pamphlets is outdated.

No surprise there.

Let's not just limit this to merit badge pamphlets. The entire publication distribution system needs to be put on-line, so that scouts and scouters have free and unfettered access to current advancement and program literature when they need it...merit badge pamphlets, cub scout sports & academics, program features, SM handbook, committee guidebook, insignia guide, etc etc. etc. etc.

Don't tell me its about anything but the money. It would take one person less than a day to create the pdf files for every piece of BSA literature. Give 'em another day to post links to a library system on national's website. With information at people's fingertips, when they need it, unit programs will only be strengthened resulting in membership increases that would offset any revenue loss from publication sales. Worst case, the registration fee is bumped up a couple of bucks - still the best money a family would ever spend.

BTW, any suggestions on movies to watch for new CitCom requirement no. 5?(This message has been edited by SemperParatus)

Here are some suggestions I was given for the new Requirement #5 for Citizenship In The Community.

Can not vouch for each one. Check them out.

Follow Me Boys

Pay It Forward

SpiderMan-2

The King and I

Mr. Hollands Opus

Its A Wonderful Life

October Sky

Mr. Smith goes to Washington (1939)

Room for one more (1952)

Call Northside 777 (1948)

Broken Arrow (1950)

People will talk (1951)

12 Angry Men (1957)

Goodbye Mr. Chips (1939)

To Sir With Love (1967)

Lilies of the Field (1963)

Boys Town (1938)

Remember the Titans

Radio

Big Fish

Local Hero (PG)

Whale Rider (PG)

Hoosiers (PG)

Shane (G)

Seven Samurai (probably PG)

The Magnificent Seven (PG-13)

Dirty Harry (just kidding)

Norma Rae (PG-13)

Gung-Ho (PG-13)

Harry Potter movies (PG-13)

Star Wars (A New Hope, SW IV, 1977) (PG)

Lawrence of Arabia (PG)

The Bridge on the River Kwai (PG)

Jaws (PG)

• 3 weeks later...