Pamphlet Exercises - Scout

We have a new Scout in our troop who joined 2 months ago. I am not sure of all the reasons, but he has not completed the "Protect your Children..." Pamphlet Exercises that are to be done with his parents.

His parents have been informed that these must be done. The boy is being honest that his parents have not taken the time to do this with him. He seems so anxious to get this done, but says his parents just haven't given the time to help. All his other "Scout" requirements are done except this one.

Have any of you encountered this type of problem?

I have had cases where it takes a couple of weeks for them to remember to do it, but never two months...

Any hints about how to handle this?

ASM59

Sounds like you've got some unsupportive parents, or maybe they're just "too busy". Either way, I'd give them a call or catch them after a troop meeting, and say "hey, you know Johnny is ready to his Scout Badge, but he has to the pamphlet exercises, can you get them done this week".

They'll probably offer excuses. If their excuse is that they're too busy, then I would tell them that it only takes a few minutes. They could even do it in the car on the way to and from Scout meetings. It could be that they are uncomfortable with the subject. If so, tell them that you were too, but you managed through it. And, in the end, their son will be safer for them doing it.