POR potential problem

The key word is "potential".

So a chicken crosses the road, it is not a problem until we make it a problem.

Every SM does not read the book or follow every last tittle. We are a volunteer organization that gets allot of things correct most of the time. Try reading these posts sometime and I believe you will see that few of us understand all of the rules of the road all of the time and these are the ones that seem like they really care and try.

Shoot, most of us have been trained well beyond what any sane person would consider doing in the same situation and we still don't know or always do.

Should we give this Scout a break because he or someone else failed on one item? Maybe it is two items that were missed. What do we do then? I believe that every person that posts here is probably kinder, more thoughful and forgiving in person than what ever appears in written form. I'll bet everyone here would jump through a hoop of fire to overlook this "failure" in procedure to help this young man make it if they thought for one minute this Scout held to the basic tenets of what it is to be an Eagle.

So, can we look down the road and tell how a BOR would react knowing full well that this one item was missed? Yes, I believe that we can and all of us would most likely agree with the outcome.

For what it is worth,

FB