Boy stops coming to scouts - What to write mom

Yep, the stuff of peoples lives can just drag you down.

On several occasions, a divorced parent has asked me, "What would you do in my situation?"

I've had to say, "You two need to decide how you're gonna co-parent. The sooner you do, the better for all parties involved."

But, I would never say that without one of the parents opening the conversation.

Sadly for the kid, like Eng pointed out, there's nothing you can do. You can tell them that they have a fine son, and you'd love to see him around, but you'll understand if that's just not possible. Or you could not tell them anything because they probably know all that.

The only thing that can help sort these things out is time and no small amount of prayer.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a simple attempt at reaching out is both the human thing to do, and not necessarily the same as getting involved in someone's messy divorce.

If the boy has been part of the group long enough to get to first class, it is just weird to "not notice" when he then disappears. Scouting is a social activity. Wouldn't you want your friends to notice & touch base with you, if you suddenly disappeared from your social circle?

A brief call or visit (agreed - not a letter) saying something like "hey, we've missed Johnny lately & would love to see him again" is not over-stepping the boundaries. Parents will respond however they want to, which may include "MYOB" but that doesn't make it wrong to voice the fact that you've missed Johnny & would love to see him again.