what to do when scoutmaster needs disipline

Two things,

1) Under Missouri law, I would be required to report to my DE or SE (the organization I represent) and at that point the ball is in their court. I have done my due diligence and it is up to the SE or DE to report to the Div of Childrens Services, THEY are REQUIRED to report to the DCS AT THAT POINT, not I.

The important part of this discussion is that each state may have different requirements..., as I am reading this even though they were all developed to facilitate reporting under a Federal statute YOU need to spend 10 minutes in YOUR states DCS(or equivalent agencies) website and get the straight poop to protect your scouts - as well as yourself.

2) I believe it would be more rude to allow a person, who did not perhaps realize they were being rude, to continue to be rude without giving them a chance to moderate their own behavior.

The it's rude to point out my rude behavior argument smacks of a sentiment I am hearing more and more often among the more immature college students I deal with "It's who I am, deal with it." Which sounds like rudeness wrapped in an attempt at an excuse to me.

A Scout is Helpful, Courteous, Kind. Which response above fits?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic