Hello from a fairly new Cubmaster

Hi everyone. I just found this site. I'm still new at learning everything. I took over the position as Cubmaster for my local pack in Jan '10 so our boys wouldn't have to join another pack.

I love being a part of something so great. And I'm now glad to have a place to come talk to others.

Congratulations!!

I took over my Pack in May of 2009. By June I had my Trained Strip. But, alas, I am a glutton for punishment because in July of 2009 I ressurected our long dead Boy Scout Troop and also became its' Scoutmaster. I have spent the last year and a half trying to straighten out many of the urban legends that most districts and councils have. So, to that cause I am now my District Training Chair.

The best advice I can give to a new Cubmaster is simple:Do Your Best! Boys are going to join and quit. Find out, if you can why they quit. Scouting is not for everybody so do not take it personally, but if there is a problem you need to fix it. Trust your leaders and help them develope a good, fun program. I know the book says that the Committee Developes the Program, then if they develope let them carry it out. It also says that the Committee developes your menus for camping, well if they plan it let them cook it. You are the one the one directly in charge and who people look to for guidenance. Train your Den Leaders and encourage them to follow the Handbooks. Keep it simple and entertaining. The boys need to learn but do it through games and adventure.