Patrol Log Books

Scouters, I'm looking for a PDF I can print out to use showing the layout or a copy of the Patrol Log Book. I need one for his weekends Boy Leadership Training. I'm re-strating this training and the use of the Log Book after many many years of not being done and used.

Thanks in advance,

ScoutBox

'Box,

Can't find a copy, but this link maybe able to help

http://www.thedump.scoutscan.com/keepinglog.pdf

it's been 23 years since I was last a PL, but if memory serves the little brown logbook I used had the follwoign info

Cover had spot to glue PM

First section had contact info

Second had patrol responsibilities

third has attendance at patrol meetings, troop meetings, and activities

Fourth section dealt with advancement

fifth dealt with additional awards, i.e. religious, BSA life guard, etc

Sixth had the requirements for, and application to receive the Baden Powell Patrol (aka BP Star) which is now the National Honor Patrol Award ( I liked BP Patrol and BP Star better).

good luck.

Good PDF!

From the 1st Edition of "Handbook for Patrol Leaders" by Green Bar Bill ... (referring to the Patrol Scribe and his duties which included the Patrol Log)

"The Scribe's foremost duty is the keeping of the Patrol's Log Book, bringing it up-to-date with a vivid account of every Patrol activity. Remember that word 'vivid.' Let's have none of this: 'Left home 9:35, Arrived at Ralston 10:45 Hiked to Hemlock camp site pitched tents ...' Instead, the tale should be full of pep, reporting what the fellows did and said, describing things seen along the way.

Your log book should, of course, relate all the adventures, achievements and successes of the Patrol. But be sure in include your flops and failures. Without them the account wouldn't be complete."

(That is the copy I used when I was a PL in 1970-1971. It was given to me by a neighbor who had been a Scout in the '30s. I told him I needed to do a few odd jobs to buy a Patrol Leaders Handbook -- and when he paid me for my work, he also handed me his book. Sorry to say that the 1st Edition (1929-1967) was the best one printed -- and the only one Bill Hillcourt wrote. [He contributed to the 3rd Edition.])

The reference to the time frame for Green Bar Bill's "Handbook for Patrol Leaders" (1929-1967) made me remember this example of a campout entry from a patrol logbook back in the 1950s:

http://www.vbvm.org/troop21 (Click on Album, then go to 1955 and select Patrol Campout).

If you're looking for an example of what could be done up if a scribe is motivated, help yourself!