TLT powerpoint on national website

Thanks for posting this - I am wondering though...

Am I missing something? Some of the slides seemed primarily addressed to the SM, to instruct on *how to teach* TLT, then some slides seemed addressed to boys...Is this in a rough stage of production? Was there a break in the material where the intended audience for the presentation changed, or am I just thick? :)

Anne in Mpls

Anne, I suggest you take a look at the actual TLT syllabus, then compare it to the info in the slides.

Ideally, the SM should train the SPL, who in turns trains his ASPLs, and as a group, the boy leaders should train the other boys (PLs, chaplain aides, etc.).

The SM should provide his "vision" for the troop, and hopefully, during the training each youth leader will develop a "vision" for his position that is consistent with that of the SM.

I believe the PPT follows the TLT syllabus, but expands upon it in places; one glaring omission: the TLT syllabus refers the boys to the BS HB for the requirements for the Baden Powell Honor Patrol Award -- but I don't believe the HB actually lists those requirements, so whoever wrote the PPT added them.

The Boy Scout Handbook lists the requirements for the National Honor Patrol Award (which I assume is the same as the BP Patrol Award?) somewhere within the first 50? pages. It's before the section about the rank of Tenderfoot. The page is yellow.