Hello from Cubmaster New to Forum

Hi all,

I'm in my 3rd year as Cubmaster for Pack 57, East Hampton, CT. Just learned of this forum from Troop 57's Scoutmaster. Figured, I'd say hi and introduce myself. My name is Dave, I have one son in scouts. I was a scout on Long Island from Cubs to Boy Scouts (Troop 161, Shoreham, NY) through Life scout and age 18. As a scout, I had served in all leadership roles through JASM.

When my son was old enough, we joined scouting and I quickly stepped into the CM role. It's been great! I find that have the ability to provide a great experience for our boys, I learn a lot (including tolerance of my own son!), and really enjoy watching our boys develop as they get ready for Boy Scouts.

I expect to remain a Scouter in some capacity as we move on to Boy Scouts, but perhaps not as SM - boy this has been a lot of work! :)

Anyway, thought I'd say hi to all. Dave.

Dave, welcome to the forum. I think you'll be glad you found it. There is a lot of very good information shared freely here, along with some you probably can discount. Don' be a stranger - chime in when you have something to offer. All opinions are welcome.

Hi Dave,

Good to see a local face here. I'm just a bit west of you in Waterbury. Best advice for after you cross over is look around your troop and pick something you would like to do and then volunteer to make it you own. Don't wait to be asked. What ever it is, it will be one item off the SM's plate and he/she will be greatfull.(This message has been edited by wingnut)