Hello from Chicago!

Hi, my family is new to Scouting and we just started our 7 year old son in a Tiger Cubs den. We also recruited his best friend to also join the den with him. We had our first den meeting this past Thursday and the boys loved it! My husband and I are excited to introduce him to scouting. We also have three younger children (4 year old boy, 3 year old boy and a 2 year old girl). The 4 yr old went to the Scout store with us to buy his brother's uniform and he left in tears when he found out he was too young to join the Cub Scouts. I felt awful for him but we've explained that his time will come soon and that we will be doing alot of the Tiger Cub activities together as a family anyway :) Looking forward to next summer and introducing camping to the kids!

Howdy Neighbor!

DPV is a nice council. Friendly folks, and a GREAT Training staff! If you are taking up the reins of your new Tiger Den (and even if you aren't) come join us at our next Cub Scout training date!

And always remember -

Tigers are G-R-R-R-R-R-E-A-T !!!

Thanks ScoutNut! Very glad to be here and looking forward to helping out. I have already completed many of the online training components, just looking for training that I can fit into my work schedule. As an RN, I work every Fri-Sat-Sun from 7P-7A. Thank you for the warm welcome. My son is so excited to be a Cub Scout that he memorized everything needed for his Bobcat badge already, except for the Law of the Pack, on which he is working! We're very proud of him! :)