Hola! from SE Michigan

Hi there all! I'm a new Cub Scouter/Tiger Cub Dad from the Great Sauk Trail. I'm so new, I just turned the paperwork in yesterday(5/30)!! And with that paperwork was my son's youth app. for Tiger Cubs. With any luck, I'll be a Tiger Den Leader come the Fall.

This will make mine a Scouting family. Both of my daughters are active Girl Scouts and my wife is a Co-Leader for both of their troops. And while I say I'm new, I'm also old. I'm a 14 veteran of the BSA from Texas' Alamo Area Council. I came up thru the ranks from Cubs, to Boy Scouts, to Sea Explorers, to being a Scout leader. I've been Asst./Denner, Troop Scribe, Patrol Leader, ASPL, JASM, Boatswain's Mate, and finally ASM. While I came up short on earning my Eagle, I don't consider my time served as wasted. I look forward to being a TDL for my son, and watching him grow in the organization, and going right along with him. I look forward to getting ideas from the more experienced Scouters as it's been 13 years since I was involved.

Outside the BSA, I enjoy reading cooking, music, and have been known to indulge in some occasional barbershop quartetting.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update!! I emailed my DE the other day to find out if my app had been approved. I got an email back saying that I was showing up as registered! YEAH ME!! Now, I have training on Aug. 15 for my Cub Leader Specific Training...

(breathe in....breathe out)

- Charlie