Eagle92: "However in the field you gotta use your resources."

I agree. And as I said, some people can hand more then one position.

My issue is when you have someone asking for ONE position, and they get passed over to give someone who ALREADY has 2-3 position yet another one.

My issue is when you have someone asking for ONE position, and they get passed over to give someone who ALREADY has 2-3 position yet another one.

Depending upon the situation, it may or may not be a good idea. I know I recommended that one person be passed over for a position he wanted so that he could hold another position that we thought he could handle better and was more important overall.

We also had a situation where a leader, wanted to be in a position that they had previously held and was vacant. There issues though that led to them being denied. #1 They held the position before, and did not do a very good job in it. #2 They were already doing 3 other jobs, and it was decided to allow them to focus on the other jobs.

I get burned out fairly regularly......

Loud mouth parents, unappreciative boys and parents, boys who leave for sports, council and district antics, quibbling leaders, lack of resources....

Just beat down....Current fight is over summer camp money.....

tired to my bones, completely exhausted....Even margarita night with the wife didn't fix it..... Families going backpacking this weekend hopefully that will recharge the batterys some more..

remember those camperships I never heard back about......

Well the camp sign up deadline came and went so I paid for the boys who filled out the campership forms because I never heard anything and when I asked the DE he said they probably were denied......

They were approved we just were never notified....now I am dealing with trying to get my money back......I will probably never see it.

Wonder if the local TV station would take up my case. Scout council double dipping on camping fees for Poor African American youth.

Thank god I am nearly done with Cub scouting.

"Thank god I am nearly done with Cub scouting."

You know, even after two boys going completely through the Cub Scouting program with only a one-year overlap, and serving as a DL, ACM, CC, and de facto CM for a while, I never really felt burnt out from Cub Scouting, and was even Cub Scout RT Commissioner for several months before I dropped that to become Scoutmaster. But six or seven years later, I stepped in to help my old pack, which was near death (they survived). And I planned and ran a few of the pack meetings to show them how it was done -- their pack meetings before had been essentially business meetings featuring adults talking for an hour. As I was doing something goofy in a cow suit, I realized I no longer had the energy to do Cub Scouting. Delayed burnout, perhaps? Or just that I'd moved on to other interests? Either way, my version of the Beaver Dance has been permanently retired.

Dan Kurtenbach

Fairfax, VA