New in Alabaster, Alabama

Just a new member saying "hello."

I'm not new to the BSA, but I am to the forum. I spent one year as chaplain in a local pack, then spent two years as a Webelos den leader. Now I've followed my son into Boy Scouts and am a freshly minted Assistant Scout Master, with the "trained" patch to prove it! Headed to Woodbadge in February as well.

I look forward to lurking and learning.

Congrats on joining the madding crowd!!!

I went thru Woodbadge SR831 (Chattanooga,TN) in Apr.2007 and finished up my ticket in May 2008. You will absolutely love it!! Don't go with any pre-conceived notions just enjoy the experience. I'm in the process of training to be a troop guide for the upcoming SR948 in March and am having fun remembering all the stuff that I thought I'd forgotten and the friendships that I made. One of my best friends that was in the Beaver Patrol with me is also going through as a troop guide in SR948 as well!

I grew up in the 60's as a troop mascot(first camping trip age 5 with my Dad, who was the scoutmaster in a troop in downtown Chatt.,TN.) We stayed at Monsanto Mtn. in Huntsville, the troop got snowed on that night and went to the fledgling Space Museum and got to see booster rockets and a soon to be launched "model" of a lunar lander. Went thru 2nd year Webelos, and made it all the way to Eagle in '79. Stayed thru my early College years as troop committee and assistant SM. Dropped out until 2005 when my then 11yr. old started in a local troop and someone found out that I was an Eagle and then it started all over again for me and I've been it ever since. (OA Brotherhood, Troop Committee, ASM, and now Scoutmaster going on 3 years.)

Once it's in your blood you can never get it out!!! Love to chat with you some more seeing how you're close to my "neck of the woods."

P.s.--> go check out the woodbadge section of the forums, it will give you all sorts of information.

The Beav m`˚()˚m~#

Glad to see people in the south get some post time. I am new and green to BSA, my son is first yr Webelos and I got dragged in to help(not to much kicking and screaming) as Asst. Den Leader. From Huntsville Al so know all about Montosano Mtn and Space Center, living in Albertville now part of pack 71. Would be good to see both ya'll at future advents.

Mike