Reminder on enforcing Youth Protection

It would be interesting to find out how well informed the Eagle scout who testified was during his youth. Was he shown "A Time to Tell"? Did someone challenge his thinking like BrentAllen suggested?

Here's another harsh reality, folks. Even with the best education, it may take years for an abused youth to take a stand against what's happening (or happened).

So educate, but don't expect it to be like a light bulb turning on and exposing the predator in the corner. A skilled perpetrator has learned to hide in plain sight making sure that those around him are unwilling or afraid to point him out. You can only hope that one of his couriers will reveal his compound.

(Oops, mixed metaphor.)

Well said qwasze.

I'm not saying more education is the panacea. I'm saying more education is the chemotherapy to kill this cancer. It may not work in many cases, and it may be unpleasant, but if it gives us a fighting chance we've got to do it.

It's great to hear peridochas's Troop has an outside expert come in! When I was a boy we'd have the police chief come in to talk to us about it every year, who does your Troop bring in?

OGE brings up a valid point as well... a sad but valid point... but it makes you question who boys would talk to first...