My son is no longer a scout......

Since you are involved in the Arrow, I'd actually recommend he also be a Venturer, so that there's a clean run for the stuff he does as a youth member vice the stuff he does as a Scouter...

The 18/21 conundrum does get to be a challenge at times. Sigh.

John,

Indeed it does. He is part of our Chapter election team and ceremony team and has been tapped as a Vice Chief for Vigil this coming November. He actually filled out Venturing paperwork a couple of weeks ago. Our CO had a small but active Crew until about a year ago when most of the actice kids left for college. So far, they have been unable to resurrect it. But to keep it chartered, they've asked a number of kids to at least register, which he did. He will be moving out of council in August to attend college, so while he will remain registered, his activity back home at least will be based on his availibility. Since they are allowing Venturers at the 2013 Jambo, he has considered being a three timer as a youth. Dad would prefer he go on staff since it is much cheaper.

Congrats! He is in an awesome position too: He is still connected to the youth point of veiw.

Know what I mean, we can try all we want, but we will never have that same point of view or age mindset that the boys have. We are oklder, have matured and grown up. Not that it's bad to do so, but over time,we lose a bit of the connection to being that age.