2013 -- 100 years of LDS involvement in Scouting -- anything going to happen?

I'm really not following you, shortridge, why would anyone expect you to pay for patches in any way? Last I checked, National made a profit off of every patch sold in any Scout shop, except the World Scout patch or whatever it's called now. I have this AT&T BSA "Don't text and drive" temporary patch from that AT&T Facebook thing a while ago and I'm willing to be dollars to donuts as they say that National made money off of those patches. Usually, it seems like National either charges a hefty flat licensing fee or a small percentage of each patch sold or both.

Bart: Someone has to pay to have a patch, banner, commemorative booklet, etc., made. That someone shouldn't be National, or any council. As I've said, if a CO wants to celebrate its history, the CO should pay for it. If you want to pat yourselves on the back, go ahead. No one's stopping you. But don't look to National or your council HQ to organize it. The BSA should not be taking sides and highlighting one CO over another.(This message has been edited by shortridge)

What AT&T Facebook patch?? Never heard of it, and sounds like a local one to me, not National level.. As stated not all patches are commissioned by National..

I would imagine the patch to be commissioned at a higher level then your CO.. Wouldn't be surprised if it was commissioned by whoever does oversee the LDS Scouting for the USA..