Just wanted to share this story

About a month ago a nearby troop volunteered (well agreed when asked ) to help put on our Crossover ceremony for our WebII's that were crossing over. I was CM at the time and my wife was web II DL. She wanted to do something special for crossover for her boys and talked with the SM of a nearby troop that usually puts on a great Crossover ceremony. They have also put on this ceremony for many other packs in the area.

Well, This was going to be my last year as CM as I was becoming SM of the troop my son and the rest of the web II's were crossing over into. I just love great productions that I hope the boys will remember forever. Our past Crossovers were good, formal affairs with a nice ceremony. But certainly nothing that this troop put on for us!

The troop performing the ceremony staged up an entire Indian camp, they were dressed in full garb, walked and talked as their roles the entire time while in garb. They were all totally in character. The whole ceremony lasted about 45 minutes and was nothing short spectacular. The web II's crossing over all thought it was the best thing since Xbox and sliced bread! I do have to admit that it was awesome!

So the other night I asked that SM if we could attend his troop meeting tonight and give them a formal thank you for helping us out. He of course welcomed us.

Well, I just have to say that the absolute best part of everything was not when I was handing out the coins (we gave each of his scouts an "Good turn for America" Scout coin that reads "Thanks for Making a Difference" on the reverse of the coin) to the scouts and proudly shaking their hands and thanking them. Nor was it when we presented the SM with his Centennial Coffee mug. But it was WHILE I was handing out the coins to the scouts, I could see the SM of these scouts standing there, looking extremely proud of his Scouts and what they've done for us.

The look of happiness and Pride on his face was great, the happiness and look of pride in the scout's faces was terrific as well!

Tonight was one of the reasons I really enjoy being a SM and being involved with scouting. I know that it might sound like something small to some people, but just a simple thankyou can mean the world!

Somehow I get the feeling that not many, if any at all, of the other packs that they perform this elaborate ceremony for come to their troop meeting and thank them like this, perhaps they feel that feeding them at the crossover is enough of a thank you. I hope my feeling is incorrect, but it further enforces that we did the right and honorable thing tonight by recognizing these fine lads and what they have done for us.

You guys should have seen them all beaming with pride, it really made my week and just wanted to share with everyone ;-)

Mike B