Greetings to you all

I still have a hard time accepting that having joined this fine organization when a mere lad of 8, I've been a part for 42 years in September, and it's been a tremendous journey. I started my career in the Firelands Area Council of Ohio and earned Eagle there; went to Cincinnati for college and became a part of the Columbia District of the Dan Beard Council; accepted a summer camp position in Tecumseh Council...then back to Firelands which became Heart of Ohio....just too much..sorry about the digression.

I currently live in Chillicothe, Ohio but serve the Scouts of Tecumseh Council as a member of the Council Camping Committee which keeps me in contact with a camp I grew to love. I am enjoying the comments and thoughts I am reading and look forward to being an active member here.

Thanks!

Wil Vickery

Welcome, Wil Vickery, from us here in the Miami Valley Council of Ohio. Sounds like you've hit just about every Council in Ohio. Sometimes our guys camp at Camp Hugh Taylor Birch in Tecumseh Council--great Scout Camp. It must be tough, though, living in Chillicothe and serving the Tecumseh Council. Isn't that a ways out?

Thanks Ohio_Scouter. Birch is the camp I have kind of adopted as my real home. I spent many happy summers there with my staff colleagues. I am a distance from Tecumseh, but the meeting really is once a month, and it gives me opportunity to get to the camp to touch base with friends from the past and new friends. Actually, after a month of high school language arts...I welcome the trip!

Wil

Hey Guy...I absolutely remember you. In fact, I was thinking about Camp Birch and the time I spent at the Dining Hall. I thought of you and the faces you made when RJ would say something obnoxious. Great to hear from you! Wil