First time on the site, trying to get some ideas for our spring camp out.

This is my second year in Scouts with my son, having a ball made the jump from Dad helping with Tiger Cubs to Cubmaster. We had a real good leader and work and kid changes wouldnt let him do it anymore so last guy to the meeting gets voted in. Its ok I enjoy and look to build on what we started.

While I am here, we have a pack tradition of the "big" campfire on saturday nights of our campouts songs, jokes, smores, the cubmaster has a traditional story and lots of fun.

I am looking for something to do Friday night of the campout, we have the campfire but nothing really planned. I would love some ideas

Thanks in Advance

Dad

Welcome!

I would talk to the BALOO trained person who is in charge of the campout. They might already have programing in mind.

On our Pack campouts, Friday nights are usually pretty sparse. We will have the BALOO leaders and a few families. Most of the campers come out early Saturday morning.

Friday evening is therefore very informal. Folks are expected to eat dinner before they come. We clean/set up the area, play some frisbee, take a short hike or do some fishing depending on what is available. When it gets dark we will have a small camping campfire (no performances), and a Cracker Barrel (crackers, cheese, sausage, fruit, with chatting about whatever comes to mind and maybe a joke or three). Then it's to bed and up early in the AM to get breakfast ready for any early morning arrivals.