Howdy ya'll!

Gonna be brief.

I'm a Den leader for my son's pack. Love everything about the scouting program. The life skills it teaches are invaluable. Wish more parents had their children involved.

Anywho, enough about me. Glad to be here.

Quick question (while I'm still here)

How do you get your Cub Master to get with the 'program'? Ours hardly ever attends roundtables and never knows what district events are coming up. Always behind the 8-ball, so to speak.

Thanks, in advance for any advice

Welcome!

As a den leader there is not a lot you can do to correct your Cubmaster's performance. You simply need to concentrate on your den and make sure you are giving them a great program.

As for attending Roundtables and knowing what is happening in your district and council, once again, you can't force your CM to do this. However, anyone can go to Roundtable. Get a few of your other den leaders together and attend your district's (or any district's if yours is inconvenient) April Roundtable. While you are there, find out if your council has an e-newsletter. Sign up for it ASAP! Check out your council's web site. If they have a yearly calendar (look for both 2007-2008 & 2008-2009), download and print it off.

Now that you are an informed den leader, you can share what you learn every month at your Pack Leaders Meeting!

Welcome to the forums! I started as a den 'mother' and then became cubmaster for years. And I have to tell you...I just loved the cubs. I like them far better than the older boys. You're possibly going to have more fun working with the little guys than you have ever had before - so live it up and try to capture every memory of every smile, every laugh. It'll be over way too soon.

Edited part: Oops, forgot about the question. My answer was....Become the Cubmaster! It's only one hour per month.;)(This message has been edited by packsaddle)