Sayings for Our Scouts

# dean ... a few observations:

# First of all:

# I do believe that if-then statement for fire'm chit is needed when dealing with fire.

# Secondly:

mv ScoutMaster /Camp/Leader Tents/300_ft_out

#300 ft is probably not far enough ... note you could also have:

if [ $person -eq "ScoutMaster" -a $person -eq "Loudsnore"]; then

mv ScoutMaster /Camp/Leader Tents/1000_ft_out

# Thirdly:

# Btw, common practice is not to provide root access command, not even when [$person -eq "ScoutMaster"].

# Finally:

# If I were to run the following SQL command on the same UNIX box using the same Users database where there is a cross-reference for users=$person:

>SELECT * FROM users WHERE hotgirl>0

# I would get:

0 row returned

# That would mean that your elif statement useless since it will never be reached! Now, that's what I call keeping it rated "G" programming and well within G2SS!

# Cheers(This message has been edited by OneHour)

Yah, OK, da Babylon 5 quotes I got. But now yeh are all speakin' Greek.

It is interestin', though, how culture changes. These days being a gEEk has nowhere near the stigma among youth (or adults) that it once did. Now it's kind of counterculture cool.

I find that hopeful.

B

I never thought Yoda talked that funny, well not when compared to my Grandfather who would yell up the stairs for mu grandmother to "throw me down the stairs my hat" or talk about the Deli that was over on the corner "where the street car bends the corner around"

I figured Yoda was just another immigrant struggling to learn the vagacies of the English Language

Fellow Scouters,

Eamon, I'm right there with you. While I never studied COBOL and FORTAN languages, I learned a little PASCAL.

In the mid 90's. I was stripping Linear Recursive Sequencing Error Detection and Correction off of one's and zero's, just to get to the Extended Binary Coded Decimal Interchange Code in the underlying data.

At work (away from Scouts) Most of the job related conversations at work would circle around the rearrangements of binary code.

Then one Saturday morning at home, then in the late 90's while watching cartoons with my sons, the family really enjoyed a show on cartoon network called ReBoot. Being a family cartoon the writers would throw in childish humor, (not mature risqu) but adult humor that only an adult would catch, and even computer geek humor.

During one episode, the ReBoot characters were in a bar/lounge with a Byte comedian on stage. As the Byte comedian told his joke, he stated, 11100100101...1..01..00.000....011111.

Putting emphasis at certain times, and with a quick wrap up. In the cartoon show, the entire lounge/barroom of bits erupted with laughter.

I fell of the couch, holding my stomach, laughing so hard. And, my boys, still today, cannot figure out why I thought that was so funny.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

# LOL OneHour

# I wanted to try the script, but BSD (@HotWife) denied kernel access.

I thought I was cool having an eTrex HC on my belt, until a scout came up and said it was too old school. His had a card slot for playing MP3's while he hiked.(This message has been edited by deanr)

• 1 month later...