Some of you may have noticed that Ive been away from the forums for awhile. Well I guess a break from anything can be a good thing. But Im back now, at least in a limited way.

It was September 11 when I got an unexpected ride to the ER. Severe abdominal pain and a drop in blood pressure to half of normal was enough for the paramedics to call for an ambulance. I was bleeding internally, quite a lot as it turned out. Exploratory abdominal surgery did not determine either the source or cause of bleeding. The condition is referred to as abdominal apoplexy, is very rare, and is usually fatal. In my case the bleeding stopped on its own so Im here to tell about it.

Though the cause is unknown, I lay it to a high level of stress and turmoil in the weeks prior (including maybe a tiny bit from the forums!) Also unclear at this point is why God chose to give me another chance. Lots to think about as I continue to recover. In any case, I love Scouting and will contribute to the forums from time to time.

Frank

Welcome back Fscouter. As the line goes, "live life as if it is your last day." Indeed, life is too short, much too short.

You are given another chance to finish things that you are set out to do ... and things that you have always wanted to do and "never had the time nor the chance" to do them. You are given another chance to make the best of your remaining days with the ones and things you love.

So, get better quickly, because your family and scouting are waiting for your 120% return!

Cheers ... and years of happiness and health!

YIS,

1Hour

Hi Frank,

You have been missed!!

It goes without saying that I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

In fact over theweekend I opened the big pot of jam that you sent me. So it might be said you were on the table??

Please do what the Doctor tells you.

Scouting has been around for 100 years, it can wait for you to get well and will still be there when you are ready.

As you know my cure for stress is walking the dogs.

Maybe you should get a dog?

Great to see you back

Eamonn.