Last night, on the feast day of the Guardian Angels, my son passed his Eagle Board of Review. I am a very proud and happy dad. I wish his mother could have lived to see his accomplishment.

I remember the day, in the spring of 1997, I came home from work a little late and this bright-eyed six-year-old met me at the dinner table and excitedly announced we had to go back to school for a scout meeting. What? Ya, the Cub Scout Pack was having a Tiger Roundup. So we rushed back to school, sat at a table with eight other boys and parents who became our den, saw the join-scouting movie, filled out the form and signed on the bottom line. There were 46 boys who signed up for Tigers that night at my sons school. They are close to 18 years old by now. Of those 46 maybe six or seven have earned Eagle, but many joined different troops or dropped out so I lost track. But it is better than average. I resolved on that night that I would do what I could to help those boys enjoy their scouting journey. Some other adults, 40 years ago, had done the same for me. Thanks Dr. C and Mr. T, Mr. C. and plenty of others.

The trail continues.