Good to meet you Chug!

I am also a Sea Scout leader, on the North Florida Gulf Coast. Welcome!

I would be interested to hear differences in the US and UK Sea Scout programs. I know that is a pretty broad question, but what can you offer?

FYI for you US Sea Scouters, I heard a rumor that the term "officer" will soon be referring to Sea Scouts (youth, just as in Venturing) and that we adults will just be called "leaders."

Former Sea Scout and leader here. I also had the pleasure of working with 5th Deal Sea Scouts for 2 months when I was at Kingsdown International Scout Campsite way back when.

How has the changes affected the SA put in place affected Sea Scouts on your side of the pond?

It's doubtful that they would call all sea Scouts officers since not all Sea Scouts have quaterdeck responsibilities. thoose that do are called Petty Officers currently, in order to distinguish adult officers from youth officers.

As for the boats we use, we have Stars, Zumas, JY15s, a Sunfish, an O-Pen BIC, a San Juan 21, an ODay 19, and on a good day a MacGregor 25.

Not sure what similarities or differennces we have the only foreign Sea Scout Leader I have met is from New Zealand, and our programs are very different.

Fair Winds,

BW

Eagle92 wrote "Former Sea Scout and leader here. I also had the pleasure of working with 5th Deal Sea Scouts for 2 months when I was at Kingsdown International Scout Campsite way back when.

How has the changes affected the SA put in place affected Sea Scouts on your side of the pond?"

I live approx' 9miles from Deal, and I've camped numerous times at Kingsdown, it's not a bad site considering it's just a bloody great slope. I did my basic training there 18yrs ago.

What changes are you talking about (there seems to be so many)?