So, what is this Adventure Scouts USA organization????

Adventure Scouts sounds like Brian Pasternak to me.

Right in one:

Domain ID:D107054584-LROR

Domain Name:ADVENTURESCOUTSUSA.ORG

Created On:31-Jul-2005 22:21:09 UTC

Last Updated On:29-Jul-2008 17:26:19 UTC

Expiration Date:31-Jul-2013 22:21:09 UTC

Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)

Registrant ID:GODA-013205744

Registrant Name:B. Pasternak

Hmmmm. The guy seems to be avoided like the plague back then.

Anyone can make (or pay to have made) a whizbang website these days. Wonder how many organizations are under license? Wonder how many actual units exist?

BTW... 30 core values? We have a tough time finding consensus with 3 Methods and 7-8 values per program.

Not hard to figure out his motivation just look at what he wants from you

ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEES

Team Sponsor Fees (Rising Star or North Star Scout Team)

Team Sponsor (must be accompanied by at least one Team Fee)

$150.00

Team Fee (per Rising Star Scout Team or North Star Scout Team)

$150.00

Team Sponsor Fees (Discovery Scout Team)

$30.00

Outpost Unit Fee (includes one Scout Individual Fee)

$ 30.00

Individual Fees

Scout

$ 20.00

Counselor

$ 30.00

Counselor Background Fee (this amount is in addition to Counselor registration fee)

$ 50.00

So lets see, a typical scout troop 20 youth& 10 adults now pays BSA

$320.00 per year for registration.

Adventure scouts $1510.00 per year.

Quite the difference

• 1 month later...

I have been involved with BSA most of my life. Today, I stumbled on a Craigslist ad to join Adventure Scouts USA. My first thought was "Who the heck is that?"

So, I have spent some time researching it and came onto this forum.

I have to say, I am not at all impressed by what Adventure Scouts USA has to offer; above all, there is nothing to show unity in the "scouts". Sure, they have a spot where they tell about their uniform, which sounds much like the BSA uniform, but not a photo of this uniform. It also goes on to say how the encourage their teams to unite with one uniform.

Further reading on their site brought me to another section on their uniform where they even include a quote from Baden Powell about the uniform, yet the still remain vague about the actual uniform.

I see here in this forum, someone posted this: "Well the group is coed all the way through, there are no uniforms, more emphasis on sports and fun activities, hmmm isn't this what we on this forum have been debating all these years that the BSA had to do to increase our numbers?"

I agree that there needs to be some changes to the uniform, I love the BSA class A uniforms, and believe they should stay in place, but when it comes to camping, even district wide camping, I think there should be a universal class B uniform; then we can call our unit t-shirts Class C uniforms.

As for the COED part, I am up in the air on that, but all in all, I like that it's just the boys; if your looking for COED, we have Venturing!

Well, I am glad I found this forum and will spend some more time here, I think it is a valuable resource.

Tim