How file an official complaint?

Hi, I'm new here. I don't know all the etiquette for this board so I hope I don't make anyone mad. I'm military in Germany. Chairman for a troop and a crew. We have some pretty big problems with some personnel in our district. Our DE and Council is aware... but I want to file an official complaint with BSA about the actions of two individuals... how do I do that? Any help would be appreciated. By the way we have the support of the CO, the DE and the head of the council. I just don't know how to make an official complaint.

thanks,

Mike

If a complaint must be, you've hit the two correct people/agencies: Your Chartered Partner is the owner of record of your unit. The Transatlantic Council, in the person of your District Executive, is the Professional Staff giving support.

I suspect, though, unless we're talking a Youth Protection issue, there is a better way to solve whatever this problem is. Have you talked to your Unit Commissioner and/or your District Commissioner? These are non-unit Scouting volunteers who are charged with supporting program in your local area.

A friendly cup of coffee and a bratwurst/broetchen at the schnellimbiss sounds like a very good idea. Time to talk out the challenges at hand.

The Edelweiss District of the Transatlantic Council covers from Giessn to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Bad Aibling, and Graf. The webpage is http://www.tac-bsa.org/edelweiss/

If you are from Darmstadt to K-town to Basel, you're in the Rhingold District:

http://www.tac-bsa.org/rhinegold/index.htm

Been in TAC for a total of 6 years at this point.. CO has talked to DE already to ask for a change of personnel. Can't really talk to DC since DC is subject of complaint. ADC is too. UC is my wife. We are in contact with DE and TAC director. I was wondering if there is some kind of "official" process to handle issues like this. Every org has some official process so I'm guess that BSA does too. I just can't find it...

thanks,

T&C44

I think what the others have said is that there IS a process. You have found it and initiated it. The DC is approved by the Council Commissioner. Your COR should exercise his ex officio position on the District Committee and file the complaint to the District Chairman. Then the District Chair exercises HIS position and talks to the Council Commissioner and/or Council President. That's the chain of command, as I understand it. There is no other "official process", unless it's a Youth Protection issue, in which case you go directly to the Scout Executive...confidentially.

If the DC/ADC issue is a challenge within your Troop and Crew, one thing your IH can say to the Council Scout Executiv is: "Mr/Ms X (District Commissioner) and Mr/Ms Y (ADC) are not welcome in my facility or at my unit functions. Please have the Council Commissioner call on me."

Now, if there's a u/d contest between your bride, a UC, and the DC/ADC, maybe the right thing to do is have her dial back into a unit serving position, and return to Commissioner service after you DEROS.