I'm not sure where this thread should be posted (so mods feel free to move) but I definitely want to share as I was excited to stumble across it. It may be of interest to some of you or other parents in your troops.

Boy Scouts of America in conjunction with Robert Kaufman Fabrics (a good quality fabric manufacturer) is releasing a new line of quilting cottons this week. As seen by the link below, the motifs are all Scout-themed. The line is officially licensed through BSA so I would assume that BSA gets some money back on each purchase. http://www.robertkaufman.com/fabrics/designers/boy_scouts_of_america/

I'll be curious to see if the official Scout Shops carry some of this or if it will only be sold in quilt stores. This fabric would be great for a Scout-themed tshirt quilt!

(This message has been edited by hint)

I'm not a quilter and don't know very much about quilting.

Dave Steele who was at one time active in this forum was I seem to remember into quilting.

Quilting is big in the area where I live.

Just down the road from where I live we have The West Overton Museums, which every year hosts a big quilt show and I think a competition.

Over the past year or so I have had to spend some time out near Bird In Hand and Intercourse PA, both are small Amish communities.

I have been thinking of having a quilt made for Her Who Must Be Obeyed as a Christmas present.

I don't think she would really appreciate a Scouting quilt.

I do know of a Sea Scout Ship in Maryland which is chartered by a R/C Church. Every year the Catholic Mothers make a quilt which is raffled by the church and the money raised goes to the Ship.

I might look into seeing if there is some way the Council I serve might be interested in using this as a fund raiser? I could pay for the quilt and donate it to the Council. I'd need to check out what the rules are.

I thought the material with the merit badges was really neat.

Eamonn.

Hmmm... Some one forgot to tell tell them that the uniform was changing.

But they look cool. My wife is contacting them to see if these will be available wholesale to her business. They have an 120 yard min order but that's not too out of line.(This message has been edited by wingnut)

I'm disappointed it's only Boy Scout patterns. When the BSA licensed some fleece a few years ago, they included Cub Scout patterns, which were very popular around here. I would have rushed right out to buy Blue & Gold type fabrics if they were available.

I was hoping to see some GSUSA fabric after I saw the Kaufman line. I googled around but no such luck, at least not yet.

I do some custom-ordered quilts, especially tshirt quilts at this time of the year (graduations). The merit badge fabric would be awesome for the borders and sashing between the Ts.

• 4 months later...