Eagle Scout picked out of a crowd

My 21-year-old son spent the weekend camping in Asheville. He and his friends picked a nice family type camping area and it had planned activities for children and adults during the weekend. Saturday night had a campfire program. After going through several songs and skits, program leader pointed to my son and said, "Hey Mr. Eagle Scout, bet you know a song you could teach us."

Son was astounded. He was not wearing anything that would identify him as a Boy Scout, much less an Eagle Scout. He went up and asked her how she knew. She said it was because the only time she sees young men so enthusiastically participating in singing around a campfire with a group of strangers, they are almost always Eagle Scouts.

So, son led a song. Afterwards, a young boy came up to him, tugged on his shorts, and asked "Mr., can we do that again?"

Pardon the momentary proud Mom moment, but...here's to you son, spreading Scout Spirit wherever you go.

VERY NICE gwd-scouter!

Got a story for you -- A few years back we were on vacation, met a great family, and my teen (daughter), and a bunch of other teens got to hanging out. Really nice group of kids.

About a year later, there's a concert near our house, a couple of the teens came and stayed at our house (for the record -- as far as I know, nothing romantic going on, then OR now!!)

A couple of the guys come -- really nice guys. Clean up after themselves, make the bed, lots of please and thank-yous.

On the 2nd or 3rd night, I was doing something Cub Scout related with my son. I was pulled away to the phone, one of the visitors sits with him, finishes the task.

After they leave, the guest room and bath were spotless, trash out, beds, made, etc. Its THEN that I found out from my daughter that the guys are Eagle Scouts!!

Shoulda knon...

Too cool. My oldest son is an Eagle who is currently serving in the Army in Korea. While training in Texas the different groups of young soldiers were given topographic maps,loaded into helicopters and taken to the top of hill in the middle of nowhere and told to navigate to the "dot on your map". Son lead his group to the "dot" location, arriving 4 hours ahead of any other group. Called his dad, the Scoutmaster, that night and thanked him for using EVERY January campout to teach/practice Orienteering skills. Son said he grumbled at the time but was thanking his stars he knew what to do. Fun with a purpose...Scouting at its best.