My son graduation from High School Friday Night. Saturday was a meeting for NYLT. Today was my sons Eagle Court of Honor. He earned his Eagle almost a year ago August 07. He had to have an outdoor ceremony for his Eagle Court of Honor, we where finally able to fit it in today! No one like my idea of having the ceremony in January of February outdoors! I reasoned we have the gear we can do it! ;)

It was a very nice ceremony.

I guess the point of this posts is 2 things that happened with my son this year. On Easter the church has an Easter breakfast, the monies collected are for the youth group, we cook 30 pounds of bacon on Saturday and 20 pounds of sausages. On Sunday morning we start cooking the pancakes at 6 am to start serving breakfast at 7. Dave and I have been the cooks for the last 4 years.

The church does not want any of the youth cooking. This year Dave could not make it. My son and I where the cooks. The youth director keep coming over and asking if we needed another adult to help with the cooking, I keep saying no we have two adults here. My son is 18. She did not like that answer.

On Sunday morning we started the pancakes, the youth director could not believe how good my son could cook those pancakes, I just smiled and thought Yes scouting taught him that.

A couple a weeks ago my sons school had the Senior picnic. All of the seniors get together and have a picnic. The boy who was going to bring the steaks for my son and friends ended up not bringing them. I asked him if he went hungry he just smiled and said I ended up doing most of the cooking so I got all of the food I needed! I said why did you do most of the cooking, he said I do not believe one other person there have ever cooked before! And once again I though scouting taught him that AND so much more!

Thank you BSA, Thank you scouters.

(This message has been edited by dan)

Congratulations to you and your Eagle son, Dan :cool: . As all of us good scouters know, after enough campouts, cooking becomes a piece a cake for an Eagle Scout and his dad. I'll bet many of the world's greatest chefs are Eagle Scouts. "Gotta love this scouting stuff", eh Barry?