OT: pet alligator* has hurt his foot

This morning we're supposed to be celebrating GS Sunday. My daughter will be staying home to take care of our 95 lb german shepherd collie mix*. He decided to enter the house through the storm window last night at 7 pm. We were at the vet's until 10 pm. He had *5* blood vessels tied off in his foot, plus stitches. It's slowing him down to 65 mph rather than his usual 150.

There was a CHUNK missing from the bottom of his foot, so I'm very concerned about infection. Put a word in with St. Francis for him if you are so inclined! Thank you. He's on oral anitbiotic and pain meds. He keeps forgetting that he's got the hurt foot, so he does his usual lunging at the cats walking by, or pouncing off the bed or off the couch.

Sigh, poor lil alligator!

Anne in Mpls

Anne,

Hopefully lil Alligator makes a full 150 mph recovery.

To add a couple of amazing recovery stories........

Although not a pet.... I've seen a few amazing recoveries from people using a window as a door. I've had a cousin exit the back sliding glass door without opening it. He took a couple of surgeries on his legs.

But the one that amazed me (he brought the newspaper back to prove it), I had an employee which took a routine vacation and returned to his hometown to see family. My employee was with his family on the final day of his vacation when they went to a local pizza parlor in a strip mall. My employee entered the Pizza Parlor thru the front window.

As he and his family were walking along the sidewalk along the mall's storefronts. A little old lady (go figure) put her car in drive instead of reverse, hit the accelerator and flew up and over the concrete pylon and then up onto the sidewalk curb.

He was the only one hit. Sending him about five feet in the air and about 10-15 feet forward, thru the Pizza parlor window, and over a window booth in the restuarant. His parents and siblings watched him fly thru the air right in front of them.

After catching his breath and shaking it off, he was able to stand. Minutes later EMTs took him to the town hospital for a check up. Beyond a few scratches, he was okay. A few small cuts, but not even a bruise.

Nobody at work would have believed his story, if he had not brought the family photos and newspaper back with him.

Hopefully lil alligator makes a quick recovery and uses the door from now on!!

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

Wow! That's a really a tale! Good thing he's got documentation!

Doggie seems to be in really good spirits - he's getting himself up and down the stairs on his own, he's cuddling, and he's begging for lots and lots of treats - he's totally workin it!

He's also got plenty of energy returning today - he's tackled the cat and pinned him down for a good tongue-washing. So far so good!

Anne, lovin on her doggie in Mpls

A very long time ago my friend, who at the time lived in a mobile home, left his dog outside in a kennel while he was at work during the day. One day a thunderstorm frightened the dog so much that it broke the latch on the gate, and then chewed its way into the mobile home, right through the wall, one layer of aluminum siding, the insulation, and then a layer of paneling. My friend came home and the dog greeted him at the door, tail wagging.

Less than a year later, this happened again. My friend was a slow learner.;)