I seem to have missed something....

As a follow-on to Hunt's comment about having the boys write down their numbers...

Troopmaster has a field where you can record this so you always have it available to you. I make it a point to commandeer the membership cards for new scouts and update TM before handing the card to the intended recipient. Makes life real easy later - well, that part of it, anyway.

I have the same numbers on my Pack membership card as on my district card. I believe you're only supposed to have one number. If somehow, you got registered in the two positions with slight variations of your name, ScoutNet may have assigned you two numbers, but I believe that is an error. When I filled out a form for a troop committee I'll be serving on, I wrote my ID # on the top, so the registrar can just add my multiple position. Also ensures that my new unit won't have to pay an extra $10.00.

1999, 2000, 2001 - no ID numbers on those cards for me.

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 - I have an ID number, they are all the same.

2006 I moved councils - I am missing the card.

2007 I moved councils again, I transfered membership but for some reason I got a new BSA ID # in 2007.

I asked my current council why I have 2 different BSA ID #'s - they told me each council I move to I will get a new BSA ID #. I think that was hogwash, they just didn't want to admit they transferred me incorrectly.(This message has been edited by Joni4TA)