The "My Scouting" website: VAPORWARE???

http://www.scouting.org/nav/myscouting.jsp

Until yesterday, the ad said "Coming late spring 2007"

Today it reads "Coming summer 2007"

Is the BSA IT department composed of castoffs from various Microsoft aborted launches???

Along the side the page has a url: Scoutnet.Scouting.org/myscouting It delivers a 404 error.

Rolling a new service out isn't easy, but you don't advertise if you cannot make the deadline. Is that really that tough for folks to understand these days?

Gunny,

I can do minor miracles with Corps Battle Simulation, and can even ensure it integrates with TACSIM. Enough years of doing TACFIRE and CBS mean ... I ABHOR SOFTWARE HYPE

All those unkind camp pranks folks have discussed in other threads here? They're reserved for IT weenies who don't deliver...

Received this from my council today

The National Council is currently in the process of making significant upgrades to the computer hardware that supports its many products and services. A new disk array will be installed over the course of several weeks this summer. Because there is no way to keep all existing systems running while this disk migration is performed, there will be selective weekend outages of some of our major systems. Please plan accordingly.

Friday, July 6, at 9 p.m. (CST) until Sunday, July 8 at 6 p.m. (CST) All systems will be down. This includes all ScoutNET functions, including PAS and fiscals, MyBSA, Internet Advancement, Internet Rechartering, E-Learning, etc.

Scoutstuff.org and Scouting.org will continue to be available during this time.

Friday, July 13, at 9 p.m. (CST) until Sunday, July 15, at 6 p.m. (CST) E-mail systems will be down intermittently.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10