Question About propane car accident down south virginia or west virginia

i have a kid that moved up north here from virginia, west virginia somewhere down south and joined my troop, well his mother had told my scout commish. about while down south he had been apart of a pack, and that while his i guess it was his den or the whole pack went on a trip he stayed behind, well i guess the car he was suppost to ride in was involved in a accident and and had a propane cylinder tank blew in the trunk, does anyone have any info on this? Im guessing it was his den or pack due to him being only in 5th grade, and i would like info on ths without having to ask the family or should I?

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry, but I'm totally confused about:

What you want to know?

Why you want to know it?

Who else you want to tell it to?

Why do you want to tell them?

It sounds like all this is in the young mans' past. There needs to be a really good reason to bring it up again.

YIS.

Propane cylinders like any fuel container should be handled with extreme caution. They should be firmly secured and not allowed to roll around. Threaded safety plugs are also available. The flammable gas they contain is also under extreme pressure. The trunk of a car is not a good place to transport one. All tanks should be inspected regularly for rust or any other sign of damage. The gas companies sell a plastic bottom that gives the tank added stability. Most troops or back yard bbqers can tell you stories of a propane tank run amuk. My favorite was the burning tank spinning on the ground like a flaming deverish at the scout reservation causing the offending troop to be banned until a new ranger took over.

"In Mississippi, state regulations prohibit carrying propane cylinders in the passenger compartment of vehicles, including anywhere inside a sport utility vehicle or van. Liquified propane tanks can be carried in the trunks of cars, in the beds of pickup trucks or strapped to the outside of a vehicle."

The link does not work properly so I cut and pasted part here I use my truck when I get propane. The troop transports propane tanks in the troop trailer which while it is near and dear to our hearts is not irreplaceable should an unexpected accident occur. It is also not a passenger compartment. If I was in Mississippi I would scrounge a tank rack from an old rv and mount that to the troop trailer so the tanks would be on the outside I guess. My original point was that I would prefer not to have a bomb in my trunk when rear ended especially if transporting several scouts.