Well, I think I did this a bit backward. I've already posted different places, but have never introduced myself. My name is Tom, and I am currently the cubmaster and Webelos den leader. I have 9 active boys in my den, and about 30 to 35 active in the pack.

My scouting experience as a youth was about 8 months as a cub scout - Wolf rank. It just didn't hold my interest. I remember going to one pack meeting - the Blue Gold banquet.

My son came home one day from school very excited about joining scouts. We went to the Join Scouting night and decided to join our pack. Since I wanted his experience to be better than mine, I decided to become a leader. Well, his experience has been better than mine: he wants to become part of summer camp staff when he's old enough, he eventually wants to become a leader, and, in his words, he wants to stay involved "until I die". This has been his attitude for several years.

I'm currently now "working my ticket" for my Wood Badge course. I've decided that I am also committed to scouting. I also have a younger son who will be eligible to be a Tiger scout in a year, so I figure I have quite a few years as a leader ahead of me.

I'm looking forward to gaining all the information I can from this board.

Welcome Tom. Part of your post reminded me of a poem I wrote when oldest son became an Eagle. Beginning of it...

A little boy came home from school one day, his smile big and bright,

"I want to be a Cubscout Mom, the sign ups are tonight."

That little boy was my older son, then in First Grade. I too signed up as his leader and have been a leader in Cubscouts and Boy Scouts ever since (14 years now).

This forum has been such a great help to me and I'm sure you will both gain from it and add to it.

Good luck and have fun with your boys!