Opening new catagories

How would one request that this forum open up a new category? SWScouter has posted a very good request in the Council Relations category which has to do with the Commissioner Staff. I think the Commissioner Staff and posts relating to Commissioner service should have their own category so as to be noticed better. I only found SWScouters post because I check the Council Relations group for matters concerning the problems in my council. Many dont go there because they are not interested in Council Relations but Commissioners should most definitely be of interest to unit volunteers. I hope everyone will visit and if you have info of value concerning the Commissioner Staff respond to SWScouters post.

LongHaul

I don't have any real feelings either way! But being as Commissioners receive their Commission from the Council (They need to be approved by the Council Executive Board) I can't help but think having them in the Council Relations category seems about right.

Ea.

LongHaul,

Thanks for advertising my question :) For everyone else, it's titled "Yardsticks and Whips" and I will value all help I get.

Perhaps the moderators relay forum requests to Scouter Terry. I don't know. I do think a Commissioner forum would be nice but like Eamonn, I don't really have feelings either way. Now if it would help get answers to my questions then...

Thanks again,

SWScouter

In a perfect council maybe all the Commissioners are assigned or as Eamonn says receive their commissions from Council but here District Commissioners are pretty much on their own to recruit Unit Commissioners. Training is text book at best and seeing that very few units are text book the Commissioner staff struggles. Coming in from the outside and helping people who think they know everything already isn't an easy job. I just thought a catagory easily identified where Commissioner services could be discussed would be helpful to those doing that job. As a SM and Trainer it doesn't actually affect me either way. I just hope those with tips will respond to SWScouter because Unit Commissioners are helpful in the long run with any unit.

LongHaul