Hi All, I am new to MacScouter as well to forums, not new to scouting. I have been considering Lone Scouting for my 3 sons, who are currently active in a troop that is 27 miles from home. With the price of gas going up and up it is becoming a bit of a financial output each week to travel to the meetings. I also home school two of my sons, so I think on that level we would qualify as Lone Scouts. I would love to hear from Lone Scout families. I have not spoken to our district yet or our current troop, I want to get some more info first. My biggest concern is can a Lone Scout acheive the rank of Eagle. My oldest is 17, a Life Scout and considering his Eagle Project as well as finishing up on a couple of Eagle MB's. Thanks for your help.

My son was a Lone Scout as a Webelos I.Even though we were part of a Pack when he was a Webelos II, he was the only Web and might as well have been a Lone Scout. I was very glad to find a Troop for him to join. It has meant a lot to him to be around other boys. Our Troop is 24 miles (one way) from home. I just combine errands and do my shopping while he is at his meating.

If the situation arose again, I would consider Lone Scouts. But I don't think my husband would like it.

I hope someone else can help you with your questions.