Held on with "velcro"

Hi everyone,

Let me start out saying I am VERY impressed both with the quality of this website and the fun and educational atmosphere this site provides. A little about me;

-I've been a scouter for 5 1/2 years approximatley

-I helped lead in cub dens on pack and troop committee

-I have served as an unit commissioner and A.D.C.

-I have for the past year been the training chair and have had to build the committtee which is the largest geographic district in the North Florida Council and am struggling to find members. We have over 700 adult leaders and only 147 of them are trained. The unntrained don't want to come get the training they need they want to gripe about the training we are not offering that they can get from a nearby disrict.

I won't let it get me down though I have 6 people on my committee and we will continue and train and build our committee until we have at least 30 people in our core and a unit trainer in each of our districts units.

Other than that I am having a great time helping out in my sons enturing crew. Their motto is "mooch off the troop" lol.

I hope noone will think I am negative because I am not I consider our situation an excellent opportunity for success and when we reach our goal I may write a book.

My current badge(s) is held on with "velcro"

Welcome in.

Glad to have another Scouter from the Southeast on board.

You've got the right idea - keep pluging away at the untrained. Each new Scouter trained makes the program that much stronger.

Keep up the good work.

I like it here already,

Good question OG. I'll have to remember that one for our next roundtable.Any of you with much experience in the high adventure area please read my post(s) in the venturing I will be going there 1631 on 2/24/06 I feel that it will be the best area for my current needs.

VERY nice to meet all of you.