It's camp pioneer in Ohio. Yes they are a BSA camp.

I think they have done something simular to what the Scout has proposed.

I a way I think it fills a niche. It gets the paintball urge out of their system.

If so are they twisting the G2SS in the same way as the young man mentioned in this thread?

And just what part of the G2SS is being twisted?

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

"I've never been completely clear whether this was solely a safety issue (in which case, water guns and even dart guns might be ok) or a philosophical issue of no pointing anything resembling a weapon at someone else (in which case, even water guns would be verboten)."

This isn't made clear in the GTSS, or anywhere else I am aware of, which makes it difficult to determine if anyone is "twisting" the GTSS or not. I find it difficult to see how target shooting with real guns could be ethical and target shooting with paintball guns would not be, however--and target shooting with paint ball guns has got to be safer.

If so are they twisting the G2SS in the same way as the young man mentioned in this thread?

I am also unclear how honoring both the letter and the spirit of G2SS while allowing boys to pursue something that obviously holds a lot of interest for a lot of them is "twisting" anything.

Why is target shooting with paintballs "twisting" G2SS when target shooting with REAL firearms is ok (assuming target range safety rules are followed)?