The best Scouting position I held as an adult?

I've enjoyed serving in many positions. I've always said that if it wasn't fun why do it. That being said I've enjoyed being Cubmaster as the most fun, Scoutmaster as the most self-satisfing, and District Training Committee as the most fun you can have in scouting without working with the youth.

I have to share the thought of One Hour. While I have served as Asst. Den Leader, Adv. Chairperson and currently as Committee Chair. I've derived the most satisfaction as a parent watching my son grow from a chubby grade school boy into a confident, solid, young leader. Sure, I've watched this tranformation in other boys as well, and that's satisfying too, but I will not have another chance to observe my own son go through this process again.

SA

I've held a number of positions. CM, ACM, WL, ASM, Dist. Tng. Chair, Dist. Commissioner, UC, Council Exec. Bd., Venturing Advisor, OA Adviser, Jamboree SM, and the greatest job to me was Scoutmaster. I followed a long tenured SM in our Troop and have been able to slowly make some changes such as becoming more truly boy-led and really getting the Patrol Method up and running. I was ASM under the old SM for 12 years and chafed at how we did things. Old SM was (and is) a great guy and a dedicated Scouter, but was really a one man show. He often talked about the good old days when he could just take the Troop out himself with no other adults and the time he was was the sole adult as a Crew Advisor at Philmont (early 70's). As much as I chafed under his Leadership, he chafed at any outside interference with how he ran the Troop. But, he was dedicated to the boys and loved Scouting. We didn't agree on how things should be run, but we always enjoyed a good personal relationship. When he retired he asked me to move up as his successor. My son had been grown and gone from the Troop for about 5 years then and I was sort of hanging around but headed for the exit. It was a tough decision to accept the position, but I have never regretted it.