This weekend was our Crossvoer ceremony at our B&G.

I am happy to report we had 100% Crossover! 9 Boys to our Troop at our CO and one to another (his own church's).

Two weeks ago only five were going on. But a bit of enthusiastic talk and a visit to the Klondike derby and they all are ready to go. I just hope the troop gets them going fast so they don't lose interest.

It was bittersweet - I have been the den leader for these boys since Tigers and most of them have been there the entire time. I tell you those boys looked as if they grew from the time they arrived at the B&G - crossed over the bridge stopping half way to recite the oath and being received into the troop with their new red neckerchiefs. They looked so much older now.

By the way this was the first group of Webelos from our Pack to crossover in five years. We started with a nearly dead Pack and yesterday had 120 + people at our B&G - with, did I mention - 100% crossover!

Sorry - I am just excited to see all the boys move on and feel proud that I must have done something right to enable them to come to that decision.

OK I'll quit being sappy. Now onto the trail of the Eagle.

YIS

ronvo

Congratulations! We also just crossed over nine out of nine from our Cub Pack last week. It sure is great to see your troop grow from 20+ to 30 overnight! Our first troop meeting with the new boys went well. The room looked so crowded! All that enthusiasm is contagious! Now to get them all to Summer Camp!

Wow - great news! Congratulations to you and your boys! You planted the seed, got them excited about moving on, and just look at them now!

I'm afraid we didn't fare that well with the Webelos group that just graduated. Out of 13 boys (in 2 Webs dens), we had only 4 to cross over. Another is a possibility, but that will only be 5 out of 13. These 5 are all from one of the dens - the other den had none that wanted to crossover.

We're about to be Webelos and our boys can't WAIT to get started! I hope the excitement stays! We're definitely going into it with the idea that this is a "prep" time for Boy Scouts - we want them to know there's more to come!

clydesdale115