No Place for a bulletin board

Our troop is in the same position as a lot of other troops. We meet in the cafeteria of a church school and have no place to display awards/announcements/program plan/photos/etc. I am looking for ideas to help us overcome this problem, even if it is a temporary movable solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

Is the church your CO? If so, talk to your COR and see if you can put up a bulletin board in the school cafeteria. It will be a great visual aid to get boys interested if you put in pictures of your latest activites. If the church also charters a Pack talk to the CM & COR about putting up either 1 large board or 2 smaller ones so the Cubs can display their stuff too!

If neither the church or the church's school are your CO & the cafeteria is just where you meet, you might have a harder time convincing them to let you have a permanent display. If you must have a moveable display, 3-sided project boards would probably be the easiest & cheapest.

Our Daisy troop uses a room that it may not keep anything in. The leader's solution is to use a corkboard, put items on it that she wants displayed, and simply prop it up against the wall each meeting. This works out just fine as all parents know where to look for it.

Our Boy Scout troop uses an easel with poster boards for sign-ups. There are no displays that I'm aware of except at COHs.

I used to use masking tape and put posters on a door that didn't mark up when I was with a pack. Den displays were on folding tables and/or taped onto that door. Sign up sheets were on clipboards.