Hi all. Our Coucil sponsored a Camporall this year. I am confused about this event. What is the bottom line for the event? It was my understanding that the boy scouts are invited by the webelos as "guests". And that the pack pretty much pays for the boy scouts' expenses. If anyone has any sites that explain this event please feel free to post them, I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance.

Why didn't you ask at your Council Service Center or at your District's Roundtable?

I have no idea what council you are in & council's run these things differently. However, from what I understand, a Camperall is similar to a Camporee, but Webelos (& sometimes Cubs) are allowed to camp along with Troops. There is usually a special event theme with activites for all age groups. My Council & District only do Camporee's, not Camporall's.

It sounds, from your description, like your Council has it organized so that the Troops can invite Webelos to camp with them (I doubt it is the Webelos doing the inviting). It is usually up to the Troop to submit a camping application & include the number of Boy Scouts, Webelos Scouts & adults in attendence. It is also usually up to the Troop to pay the camping costs when they submit the application. How the Troop pays for these costs is up to the Troop Committee. The Troop can charge all youth & adults the camping fee. They can charge the Troop's folks the fee & pay for the Webelos & their adults. Or they can pay for everything out of Troop funds. Depending on what your Council had planned for the event, the cost is usually not that much.

How does your Troop usually handle costs when it invites Webelos to a Troop event? Or doesn't your Troop have Troop/Webelos events?

This is why I suggested that questions about council events be asked of your council. Every council does things a bit differently. In my council, district events, including camporees, are open to anyone from any district. We have even had folks from nearby councils attend & our Troops have attended their camporees.