I do not think this is an actual rule or guideline, BUT... you have to comply with state laws also.

In Oregon there is a weight limit for front seat passengers, heck they want you in a child car seat till you are 60 pounds.

We have a Tenderfoot that is barely pushing 90 pounds soaking wet with rocks in his pockets.

Then there is the air bag argument. Unless you have a system to turn off your passenger side airbag, it is not a good idea to have a kid in your front seat.

So I am with half of you on the list....

I do not have a problem with putting Scouts up front.... as long as they can be safe and not in violation of the law.

Jerry

About the only vehicle I can think of where there would be sufficient privacy that could create a youth protection issue when there are other scouts in a vehicle is a stretch limo with a privacy divider between the drivers seating area and the passengers area. Therefore I don't think transportation for BSA outings should include the use of stretch limos. :) They may be OK for rock stars and movie stars but not Boy Scouts. I'm guessing this rule came out of the Beverly Hills Council.

SA