Hello, Im an assistant Scout Leader, in the UK (UK Scout Association) Just starting out on the new modular Leader training scheme, after helping out here and there for a while.

Ive come up through Cubs, Scouts, and Venture Scouts, and now on to Leader training.

One thing we have needed in this forum for a while is a few more Brits!!

Welcome, I hope you will find space on the log and stay a while.

I'm guessing from the Ay-up that you are not from London?

I spent almost 12 years as the Scout Leader to the 17th Fulham (Pioneers), sad to say not only is there no longer a 17th, but the District has also gone.

A very dear and close friend of mine played a very big role in the formation of the new training. I am very interested to hear how it is going over?

Most of what I'm hearing about the changes that have happened seem to say that things went well. There were a few problems with the new Explorer program and some people were sad to see the end of Venture Scouting.

I was a Scout when Venture Scouting was new and there was a lot of people who said that it was never going to work!!

A couple of years back we as a family spend a week in Baden Powell House and my son and I got to join a Troop at their summer camp in Nottingham. My son tells everyone that will listen that I tried to lose him there.

I am really looking forward to attending the 2007 Jamboree and meeting a lot of old friends. Who knows if I manage to get some time off I will have time for a quick pint!!

Eamonn.