Excited to be a part of the Forum and this website!

Dear Scouters,

I just wanted to introduce myself and say what a great resource this website is and how excited I am to be a part of it!  I am overwhelmed (in a good way) by the amazing resources available about and for Scouting.  I was a Scout as a youth decades ago.  I achieved the rank of Life Scout, and I was also Senior Patrol Leader.  Last year, I volunteered to be my son's den leader, which was my first experience as an adult leader.  I have many fond memories as a Scout, and Scouting is one of the main reasons I love the outdoors as an adult.  We go camping as a family every year with friends, and we've had a lot of fun!

Professionally, I work in sales for a bank, but my background is teaching high school English, and I'll always be a teacher in my heart, regardless of whether I teach formally again.  Personally, I love to read, so of course I love bookstores and libraries, and I love to drink coffee.  I am also a huge science fiction and fantasy fan, especially Star Wars and Star Trek.  I'm also a huge amusement park and rollercoaster person.

I look forward to getting to know others through this Forum and becoming a better Scout leader by taking advantages of all of the wisdom, knowledge and resources available on this and other sites.  I am committed to living the values of Scouting and being a great role model for my son.  I can't wait to see what he accomplishes and learns as a Scout.  Have a great day, all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Welcome, @captkeating!

I can relate to your excitement about reconnecting to scouting as an adult leader! I'm sure you will have a great time together, while Building a Better World while you're at it! 

I saw a joke BSA leader badge on Etsy the other day that said "CAT HERDER" and that seems to be the job as a cub scout leader! Good for you for stepping up!

I'm thinking about incorporating collaboration games into next year's pack meetings to give the cats some focused experiences with what happens when you collaborate vs don't 😂 

• Upvote 1