Before I get sanctioned for my conservative viewpoint and ramblings, I will say farewell to Scouter Foram.  I am a caucasion, Christian conservative who does not agree with the direction, including Scouting, is headed.  Somehow someone came up with the idea that having segregated celebrations at NOAC and the National Jamboree will benefit Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.  This is bulderdash in my opinion.   If this demonstrates Equity then please explain why was there no segregated event for caucasion heterosexual ?   Simply because that would cause so much negativity and claims of racism and sexism the BSA would never recover.  There are some in this forum who feel that differences of opinion should not be mentioned and all conflict could be settled by sitting in a circle and singing cum-by-ya.  Parents rights and responsibilities are being reduced by our courts, people believe that if you're a boy and identify as a girl that's normal and should be accepted.  That is mental illness and needs immediate attention, not a petting and a new pronoun. I pray that people,including members of this forum wake up and return to a rational normalcy.   God Bless and God Speed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
7 hours ago, Mrjeff said:

Before I get sanctioned for my conservative viewpoint and ramblings, I will say farewell to Scouter Foram.  I am a caucasion, Christian conservative who does not agree with the direction, including Scouting, is headed.  Somehow someone came up with the idea that having segregated celebrations at NOAC and the National Jamboree will benefit Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.  This is bulderdash in my opinion.   If this demonstrates Equity then please explain why was there no segregated event for caucasion heterosexual ?   Simply because that would cause so much negativity and claims of racism and sexism the BSA would never recover.  There are some in this forum who feel that differences of opinion should not be mentioned and all conflict could be settled by sitting in a circle and singing cum-by-ya.  Parents rights and responsibilities are being reduced by our courts, people believe that if you're a boy and identify as a girl that's normal and should be accepted.  That is mental illness and needs immediate attention, not a petting and a new pronoun. I pray that people,including members of this forum wake up and return to a rational normalcy.   God Bless and God Speed.

@Mrjeff, if you leave, then they win "the battle of the narrative."

I support your being here, and voicing your concerns about the direction we are heading as a movement, and as a country.

Stick around...

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Mrjeff said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/johns-hopkins-dei-officer-resigns-months-privilege-list-controversy

Chicka bump bump bump... another one bites the dust! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE&ab_channel=QueenOfficial

I think what @Mrjeffmay be hinting at is that if you disagree with some elements of a DE&I initiative and voice your concerns in a tactful manner, you still risk being labeled the "worst type of person imaginable." There is no room for discourse in some public spaces and I find that scary.

As a moderate conservative myself, I share some of his concerns (and wouldn't mind engaging in productive discussion around the others). Ultimately, it probably behooves us all to be 10% kinder and 10% more understanding (and maybe to love one another ... where have I heard that before? 😉)

Even if you believe public schools are overstepping, you are still your child's first and most important teacher.

• Upvote 3