Sorry, my bad!

Jamboree On The Air/Jamboree On The Internet JamPuz code. I assume JamPuz is short for Jamboree Puzzle.

I saw a lot of calls for anyone from Africa in the chat. We found someone, but clearly people doing the puzzle package with the JamPuz codes were struggling to find scouts from Africa.

Our unit mostly did JOTI from home to accommodate various family ongoings, but I think the lowlight was discovering that our council only had a shortwave radio and that we could only really chat with nearby scouts for JOTA. The highlight seems to have been the JOTI Minecraft server - at least two scouts in our unit clearly felt that way! They could have told us how to find it on the campground in the opening video, though, it wasn't that easy to find.

Sorry for being such a pest

I truly want to understand current scouting events. And I have a long involvement in Scouting (over 50 years all the way to council level) and even at that, I miss the nuanced meaning of many of the acronyms commonly used on this forum.  And I have t spend some minutes checking out their meaning.

"Not to put too fine a point on it," but if a poster here leaves their reader to check out Google for the meaning of some acronyms-they won't bother and that reader will be lost to the conversation.

It would just be so helpful to get the acronym AND the meaning of the acronym up front. (Being a lawyer, we lawyers ALWAYS  give the acronym and its spelled-out name at the beginning of a document so the reader can "track along.")

I have said it before on this Forum, with little apparent effect, and I say it again, this Forum is THE VOICE OF THE VOLUNTEERS,.

And this Forum can be a vital tool/medium to communicate with and among the volunteers. And I assure you, the Scouting Professionals watch this Forum intently.

I'm very sorry, but I honestly thought that JOTA is as well-known an acronym or abbreviation as "jambo" for "jamboree". It's literally the largest scouting event in the world every year, and has been since the 1950s.

Just so everyone is aware, Jamboree On The Air (JOTA) and Jamboree On The Internet (JOTI) are the world’s largest digital and radio Scout event promoting friendship and global citizenship.

The educational event brings together more than 2 million Scouts every year in October for a weekend of Scouting and friendship. Young people can learn about communications technology and connect with fellow Scouts from over 174 countries.

JOTA-JOTI is about the 21st century skills you can learn in Scouting and the values of global citizenship. The event is open to Scouts around the world, enabling young people to connect and communicate with each other using the Internet and amateur radio. JOTA-JOTI engages youth in educational activities that build teamwork, cross-cultural understanding, and skills for the future.

For more information about JOTA/JOTI, please see the official website at jotajoti.info.

JOTI and JID I'll give you, because they're relatively new, especially JID. That I could have explained.

Now, to the point of my post, hopefully relevant as feedback for JOTA/JOTI organizers - would you like to share how your unit participated? What they liked the best? What they disliked the most?

Edited by AwakeEnergyScouter
20 hours ago, AwakeEnergyScouter said:

I'm very sorry, but I honestly thought that JOTA is as well-known an acronym or abbreviation as "jambo" for "jamboree". It's literally the largest scouting event in the world every year, and has been since the 1950s.

It is in our area. But maybe we have more hams?