Scout Camp Ranger delivers his new son at camp. (CA)

Youngest scout ever to arrive at scout camp!

The Olveras reside at the Lost Valley Boy Scout Camp near Warner Springs, CA where father and husband Andrew works as a ranger. The dirt road in and out of camp is 10 miles long.

"I woke up with very strong contractions at 5:20 a.m., and they were just very strong right away and 3 minutes apart. We quickly got dressed, grabbed our things and our dogs to drop off at my mom's on our way to the hospital, and left."

Jacquie told both her husband Andrew and mother that she didn't think she was going to make it to the hospital.

"He was absolutely freaking out," said Jacquie of her husband of eight years. "But I needed him to pull himself together and help me because the baby was coming and he stepped right up to assist me. We couldn't call for help because there is no cell service on the dirt road. About 10 minutes later we were holding our baby boy in our arms. My dogs sat in the back seat and observed the whole birth since they were with us. They were so well behaved. So after the birth, we had to get back in the car and drive the rest of the way down the dirt road and the brief distance from there to my mom's house where we could get telephone service and call an ambulance."

After a short visit to the hospital, both mother and child were given a clean bill of health and sent home. Wesley weighed in at 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 19 inches long, being born three days after his predicted due date.

Scout Salute to Olveras,

More at source including photo.

https://www.villagenews.com/story/2023/09/07/regional/father-delivers-son-on-way-to-hospital/74102.html

• Like 2